Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thank you ...

This morning I got up and put on a nice beige dress shirt with my kacky pants... Julie said I looked like a janitor, and go change, so I went in and came back out with my light blue dress shirt... Not much better, so I went back and put on my dress pants... better, but now I looked stupid in my bare feet and duckies... so that meant socks and dress shoes... first time for socks in a few months.. then on the way out, I decided to complete the set and where my suit jacket... and its a good thing... IF not, I would have been the only one in the building not in a suit.  I was only there today to help facilitate the team we had, but was very humbled when I was introduced.. the Director recognized the roll we have had in helping Kyle  finding sponsors for them.  Suddenly as all the Dr's and medical students started to clap I was totally aware I was in my suit... Until that moment I had not really thought about the support we have been giving from the Dr's perspective.  Also I was reminded again that I need to again give a word of recognition to those that sport us on a daily basis , so today I stand with the Dr's and clap in appreciation for the lives that have been saved , and the hearts have been touched because of your generosity...          
     When the day was over, I had the opportunity to meet again with the Dr that did the surgery on our friend Baski.  When baski took sick and was given such a bad diagnosis, we told Jengich to call Kyle right away. Kyle called this Dr and the next thing you know Baski was the oldest child in the international children's hospital..  I shared with the Dr how when I heard about Baski I was so concerned that I would never see him again.. and a couple weeks ago I had one of the best plove meals I have ever had... mad by my friend.. The Dr told me that it was important to him that Baski get the best care possible... I gave him a hug....... He returned the hug ....

No comments: