Friday, April 19, 2019

great joy in the ability to help

Today was a very busy day around the farm. We were trying to finish up planting before the rain came at 2:00.  Right now there is no water in the village so I went out early to get a few bottles of drinking water.  It is a dangerous time of year to show your face in the village.  Everyone is needing their gardens plowed .  The owner of the store was rather insistent that I plow his before the rain. I told him that I did not have time at the moment but would have Beksoltan come and see him tomorrow if the rain help off.  

As I walked away I felt a check in my spirit.  Here is the whole story.  The tractor was purchased for us by a good friend who wanted to bless the farm and those around us. This man is one of the kindest most generous people I know and is also the first one to step up and help if anyone is in need... As I walked away I thought to myself how my  friend would have stopped everything he was doing and take great joy in the ability to help someone else.  The tractor has been such a blessing to us that how could I not follow the spirit of generosity and stop what I was doing and go plow the field.  So I went back to the farm, doped off the water and climbed onto the tractor to do what should have been a 15 minute job


No sooner had I started and I noticed that the tractor was having a hard time .  upon investigation I found out why.  This spring we had the boys spread manure on the garden, and Nuric has this habit of throwing the bail strings into the manure pile ,  We are always having him go through and take them out. I think he missed a few. 


Along with what seemed like miles of string, we also found lead ropes, halters, wire and even an old jacket. An hour later we were ready to plow . 


I was now running very late and needed to go.  As I was just about finished the next door neighbor came over to ask for me to plow his field .  I apologized and said I could send Beksoltan back tomorrow.  As I started to drive away I looked back and saw the mans son come out to see what we were doing .. The son had C.P.  So does my friend son... Ya so I turned the tractor around and went back to do another field ..  It was given  great joy in the ability to help.  


I got back to the farm by lunch, then gathered up the boys and headed to the Kashar.  We had to steak down the yurts before the storm.  Then we were starting painting some wales in the kashar.



 









Today was Baktagols last day on the farm .  Tonight she will stay with Kamala, and tomorrow morning early she will head for Turkey.  In a few weeks she will be getting married and beginning her new life .




At the end of the day, I stopped in to see how the little ones were doing. They were quick to come say hello.  

No comments: