Friday, February 07, 2014

Some pictures tell their own story .

This is the last day of the challenge for helping the homeless this winter .. I had posted yesterday that we were just $360 away from our target , and with in a very short time $360 came in .. then when I went to change the thermometer, I realized  that 1160 -700 is not 360 its 460 , so consequently, We are still $100 off of our target for the week .. reminds me of the time I purchased  what I thought was 2200 lbs of carrots and potatoes for the food drive, and when it arrived , it was clear that I had purchased  22 000 lbs ..hahaha..  SO we still have tonight to raise the $100  ... 


Tonight I have been working on a message for Sunday morning .. we will be speaking at Northview Church in Peterborough .   A few from there were in Kyrgyzstan last fall, and thought I should include a few photos of their time with us .. As usual I always come across pictures that may not fit in the message, but pictures that do say so much for themselves ..  
Emma with one of her boys .. I love this photo .. he is so relaxed with her 

This is one of the boys from the orphanage... he will be timing out shortly .. but this day he is not thinking about that .. what a blessing it was for these kids to experience a day like this ..especially  some one on one time , here with Scott Couper .  Look at the concentration in their faces ... 

another picture that says a lot ..... 

No comments: