Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fwd: Meet our second Alaska hopeful ! repost

Blogger is once again blocked, and to post from the back door, I have to remember to change the font so you can read it ... which I did not do on this post, and I can't get back in to fix it so I have reposted it now , hopefully with correction.



  Hello! I am Mahabat Aitbaeva. I am 22 years old. I am a junior student of American University of Central Asia (IUCA). I was born and grow up in Tokmok. I am the second child in my family. I have two sisters and two brothers. My parents divorced when I was 5 years old. Since that time I live with my mother and my siblings. I was lucky to get an opportunity to study at IUCA. I really enjoy my study here. Due to my university I met people who became for me as a family I mean my foreign friends. When I was a little girl I always wanted to see how other people in other countries live. I am so curious regarding other cultures, values, and beliefs in other countries. 
When I heard the presentation about Hope organization and people whom this organization help I immediately express my wish to participate in this program. I had no idea how it might happen but took actions toward my wish. Members of Hope organization during their presentation said that if we like to participate we are welcome and we have to fill an application. I filled the application and after some time I found out that I was chosen. My participation in this program I hope will help me to grow personally and teach me how to deal with disabled people. I hope to gain experience which will help me later in my own country. Our country really needs people who can turn our country into better way. Our young people need to get experience abroad and use it in our home country. I want to be useful to my society and do things for common good.
We have a chance to participate in this program, but we don't have enough resources to buy tickets for our trip. My mom can't support me and buy me tickets because she doesn't have such money. I don't have relatives who can borrow me money. I just pray and trust in God only He knows what is good for me. God will provide!

No comments: